[BioC] Time course....makeConstrasts()

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Mar 14 21:50:34 CET 2006

On 3/14/06 3:19 PM, "Khan, Sohail" <khan at cshl.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have an Affy time course experiment as follows:
> 0hr - 2hr - 4hr, I have 2 replicates for the 2hr and 4hr and only one (chip)
> for 0hr.  Would I be able to analyze this experiment using limma? (I know its
> not a good idea).
> Actually I tried analyzing this in limma, and got the following error when
> constructing contrasts:
> Error in parse(file, n, text, prompt) : parse error
> I am assuming this is due to the design matrix having only one chip for the
> 0hr time point.  Thanks for your suggestions/advice.

Sohail,

You can do this in limma.  The parse error is most likely due to the way you
constructed the call to makeContrasts.  Perhaps you would like to post the
code that you are using to make your design matrix and the contrast matrix,
along with the output and errors?

As an aside, you probably want to get in the habit of posting sessionInfo()
when you post to the list.  It really does help in many cases.

Sean