[BioC] extracting interactions between members of the KEGG pathways

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 16 21:12:19 CET 2006

There is some stuff done in the cMAP and pathRender packages, but this
has not progressed that far, mostly due to a lack of resources

cMAP is a meta-data package which has information from both KEGG and
BioCarta (original data from the NCI)

pathRender is in the development archive

best wishes
   Robert

Jane Fridlyand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering whether there is an infrastructure in one of the BioC
> packages to extract connections between members of the KEGG pathways. As
> far as I can tell KEGG package allows to get the identifiers of the
> members very easily, however I do not see a way of going one step further
> so to be able to produce a graph (where presence of each edge indicates
> known interaction or same compound )
>
> Thank you. Any help /suggestion is greatly appreciated.
>
> Jane

> Jane Fridlyand, Assistant Professor
> Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
> Center for Bioinformatics and Molecular Biostatistics
> UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center,
> Box 0128 San Francisco, CA 94143-0128
> Office: Room N224 Tel: (415)476-0168 Fax: (415)502-3179

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center