[BioC] showcase (script)

toxygen toxygen at darken.gbas.sk
Sun Mar 19 00:36:29 CET 2006

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:31:51 -0500, "James W. MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu> wrote:

> Well, Bioconductor consists of over 150 packages at present, so I think
> something like this could only just scratch the surface.

Yes, I know. I meant it like giving only few basics of Bioconductor to new users.
To show them "how things work". Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't found real introduction
into using Bioconductor.

>However, most
> of the packages come with at least one vignette that is supposed to give
> novices an example they can use to explore use of the package.

I know that there are vignettes, but you know, it's like giving someone linux/unix shell
and saying: "In case you wouldn't know what to do, there are always man and info commands."

> You can also step through the code in a given vignette if you have the
> tkWidgets package installed.
>
> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("tkWidgets")
> library(tkWidgets)
> library(<the package you are interested in>)
> vExplorer()
>
> HTH,
>
> Jim

Anyway, thank you very much for the response. I think I will have to get through it myself alone.
Nevermind, thank you once more.

Marian Such