[BioC] gcrma and signal detection p-values

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Mar 20 19:27:19 CET 2006

What you are asking is contradictory.  The P/M/A calls and p-values
are intimately connected with MAS 5.0. Many people use these values
for detection even though they might used other normalizations - the
p-values are based on a test of PM-MM>0 on a probewise basis and are
not based on the probeset summaries which are the final output of MAS
5.0, RMA and gcrma.

This topic has come up before on this list, so you might want to
search the archives for previous discussion and pointers to references.

--Naomi