[BioC] Fwd: Rgraphviz installation problem - redefinition         -       conflicting types

Nicolas Simonis nicolas_simonis at DFCI.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Mar 20 20:55:04 CET 2006

Hi Seth,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I installed graphviz 2.2.6 (version found by Suse) with Suse YAST and this
command :

R CMD INSTALL --configure-args='--with-extraincludedir=/usr/include
--with-extralibdir=/usr/bin' Rgraphviz_1.8.0.tar.gz

and it works fine now

Best

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Simonis <nicolas_simonis at dfci.harvard.edu> writes:
> I'm in trouble with Rgraphviz installation.
>
> I've installed R 2.2.0 on SUSE linux 10.0
> R graph package is installed, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to my graphviz lib
> path
> I first tried with Graphviz version 2.8 and get a huge error message when
> trying to install Rgraphviz 1.8.0.

It might help to see the message.  It might also be worth trying the
devel version of Rgraphviz (install using R CMD INSTALL on the
downloaded tarball).

> Then I tried with Graphviz 1.12, and I get a different (smaller)
> error

Hmm, that's a really old version of graphviz.

+ seth