[BioC] getBM (biomaRt) sometimes returns NULL

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 19:26:40 CET 2006

Ciao Giovanni,

can you provide a script that allows us to reproduce this error?

In any case, I think getBM should produce a useful error message rather
than just quietly returning NULL and we will fix this.

To be even more helpful, you could also say "debug(getBM)" before
calling getBM, and report to us the content of "xmlQuery" and "postRes"
after the call to the "postForm" function (this is the main action of
the function getBM, when it talks to the Wormbase webservice).

Best wishes
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber
European Bioinformatics Institute