[BioC] imagene and limma

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Thu Mar 30 23:49:18 CEST 2006

Dear Servin,

You are mis-interpretting a little what the column names are intended
to represent. They are names associated with the arrays, not with
files or channels. All the data matrices (R, G, M and A) must share
the same set of column names, because all relate to the same set of arrays.

When reading ImaGene data there isn't an obvious choice of array
name, so the Cy3 file names are used. If you don't like this choice,
you can use the 'names' argument of read.maimages().

Best wishes
Gordon