[BioC] reference design

bzzandrew at interfree.it bzzandrew at interfree.it
Fri May 5 11:19:10 CEST 2006

Dear Gordon,
i performed 8 technical replicates with two color oligo array. Particularly i have 3 samples: MUT1, MUT2 and Reference (pool of wild type mice), then my experiments were MUT1 vs REFERENCE (4replicates with 2 dye swap) and the same for MUT2 (MUT2 vs REFERENCE). Then i analyzed with genepix and with limma or limmaGUI. My question is: can i perform a comparison etween MUT1 vs MUT2 using a parameterization MUT1 minus MUT2? If i do this, how thw M values are computed? or is it better compute a contrast matrix??
thanks a lot

andrea