[BioC] base of B-value log in Limma - still not sure

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Fri May 5 17:42:22 CEST 2006

Dear Morten,

	Thank you for your answer, but I am still not sure based upon it.
In Limma log2 is used for absolute intensities, and for  M.
M=log2(Intenisity2)-log2(Intensity1). In limma, B and M appear in
the same table and graphs. This is unusual if B and M have different
bases.

	Also, at least in the usage with which I am familiar, "natural: logs
are
base e not base 10" and I have seen "log" without a subscript used for
both base 10 and base e logs. So even if B is not base 2 I am not
usr eif it is base 10 or base e.

	Would Gordon care to comment?

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich