[BioC] search archives and annnotate questions

Kimpel, Mark William mkimpel at iupui.edu
Mon May 8 17:11:22 CEST 2006

Why is it that so many probesets are annotated with respect to chromosome and cytoband, but not to "chromosome location" in the annotation packages? I recently performed an analysis using rat2302 (ver.1.12.0) and passed the results on to a colleague, who subsequently told me that he has found locations for quite a few of the probesets with location "zero" at the Affy website.

I tried to see if this question has been addressed before but ran into the following problems:
1. the search button on the Bioconductor homepage is not working (Firefox 1.5.1).
2. the searchable archives site I used to use has been shut down (http://files.protsuggest.org/cgi-bin/biocond.cgi).
3. I am not sure how to Goggle just the BioC archives (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/).

Help in these areas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark W. Kimpel MD

Official Business Address:

Department of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine
Biotechnology, Research, & Training Center
1345 W. 16th Street
Indianapolis, IN  46202

Preferred Mailing Address:

15032 Hunter Court