[BioC] probe --> probe set mapping in CDF library files

lgautier at altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Mon May 8 17:21:37 CEST 2006

Whatever your reasons are for wanting a probe to concurrently appear
in different probe sets, this is indeed not handled by the package
altcdfenvs.

The idea was to contruct whatever mapping directly in R
(and skip the potentially painful procedure of creating CDF files,
just to see them read into R right after).

If you want to have probes appearing in several probe sets, I would wait
for after pre-processing data (background correction, normalization).

If you want to use your very own mapping (for reason that might
belong to your particular experimental setting -e.g., using a slightly
different species than the one the chip was designed against, or using
using it with a transgenic organism-, or supplementary knowledge
you might have), the package 'atltcdfenvs' will be your friend.
Tasks like removing cross-hybridizing probes will be easy (in that
case, a single call to the function "unique.CdfEnvAffy" will do the job).

Laurent