[BioC] error in getBioC()

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed May 10 04:52:58 CEST 2006

Hi Jenny,

I've been working a little bit on fixing and cleaning the biocLite() and
getBioC()
functions. Both should be ready to work with R 2.3 (and then hit
Bioconductor 1.8)
or R 2.4 (and then hit Bioconductor devel).

The only difference between these 2 functions is the list of packages
that you get
when you use them with no arguments.

With this:
  > source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
  > biocLite()
you get this (with R 2.3 and 2.4):
 [1] "affy"        "affydata"    "affyPLM"     "annaffy"     "annotate"
 [6] "Biobase"     "Biostrings"  "DynDoc"      "gcrma"       "genefilter"
[11] "geneplotter" "hgu95av2"    "limma"       "marray"      "matchprobes"
[16] "multtest"    "reposTools"  "ROC"         "vsn"         "xtable"

But with this:
  > source('http://bioconductor.org/getBioC.R')
  > getBioC()
you get the same as above plus:
     "edd" "globaltest"  "makecdfenv"  "pamr"   "siggenes"
     "sma" "statmod" "tkWidgets" "widgetTools"

Both functions install the "Depends" and "Imports" dependencies too but you
can override this behaviour by giving your own 'dependencies' argument.

Please, let me know of any problem. Thanks,

H.

--
Hervé Pagès
E-mail: hpages at fhcrc.org