[BioC] Missing values with COPA

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed May 10 14:54:40 CEST 2006

Hi Francesca,

I'm no missing data expert, but heuristically, I think the
pamr.knnimpute() function makes sense. However, I would look closely at
your results to make sure you aren't getting too many significant genes
with imputed values, where 'too many' is a term meant to let me say
something without really saying anything ;-D

Seriously, though, I wouldn't imagine doing the knnimpute would cause a
bunch of your genes to suddenly look significant for copa when they
wouldn't if you didn't need to impute. I would just recommend the sanity
check of looking at the results and making sure that the imputation
isn't doing something unexpected.

Best,

Jim

--