[BioC] RBGL 1.8.1 installation error on linux

rgentlem rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu May 11 18:46:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

Johannes Rainer wrote:
> hi,
>
> thanks robert for your help.
> based on your suggestions i tested now some new settings, i used the gcc
> 3.2.3 compiler (g++32 ) to compile the package (unfortunately there is

Hmm,
  I don't think that is the right set of numbers for a gcc compiler,
  4.0.3 and 3.4.5 are the up to date versions are reported at:
  http://gcc.gnu.org/.

  I don't know why there would not be a version of all for FC5,
certainly there were discussions of it and some of the early work on FC5
was based on the 4.0 arm (4.1 is very new, released 2006-02-28). You
should be able to build these from source if you wanted to.

   I remain convinced that these are likely compiler bugs and hence
someone at Redhat or gcc might care, we are not really able to do much
about them. Sorry we don't have such a beast here for any testing so I
cannot say much more that would be helpful.
  best wishes
    Robert

rgentlem at fhcrc.org