[BioC] alternative CDF (Tarca, Adi)

rcaloger raffaele.calogero at unito.it
Wed May 17 12:33:00 CEST 2006

You can find alternative CDF related to the paper of Dai et al. NAR 2005 at:
http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/genomic_curated_CDF.asp
I have used them and in my personal experience the RefSeq remapping
works better than Entrez Genes remapping.
 In our hands some qPCR validated probe sets based on Affy probesets are
lost using the Entrez Genes (EG) based custom CDFs. Furhtermore,
comparing fold changes between the same subset of genes identified using
Affy probesets or EG based probesets a generalized reduction of  fold
change range was observed.
Best
Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero
Bioinformatics and Genomics Unit
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
c/o Az. Ospedaliera S. Luigi
Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano
10043 Torino
tel.   ++39 0116705420