[BioC] How does Limma calculate the log2 fold change?

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri May 19 04:28:25 CEST 2006

Dear Philip,

limma does all analysis on the log-scale, which appears to be your
second method. This is appropriate because the expression values are
more nearly normally distributed and homoscedastic on the log-scale,
hence taking means on the log-scale is statistically more powerful
and less influenced by individual arrays.

Best wishes
Gordon