[BioC] plotting GO output as pie charts

Celine Carret ckc at sanger.ac.uk
Mon May 22 18:07:26 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,
I was wondering if there was a simple function allowing me to do this,
plotting a GO-output search from ensembl into a pie-chart?
I looked at biomaRt but the main problem I'm facing here is actually
calling ensembl database as my Institute doesn't allow me to do so
through R (I'm working on a farm nodes Linux 64), but also I couldn't
actually find anywhere such a function in the package.
So I took out my list of Human affyID I'm interested in, and used
biomart directly on the web of Ensembl to fetch all the GO IDs
associated... Now I'd like to plot those, and preferentially in a "user
defined" fashion (by selecting the GO categories I want my genes to
separate into, the end idea would be to compare several lists, for the
same categories...)

Thank you for your help
Celine

Celine Carret PhD