[BioC] Protein/peptide mass

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu May 25 13:23:03 CEST 2006

Hi Sean

Thanks for the reply and the web page information.

I need to be quite precise and I will need the variations for post
translational modifications and other options. E.g. monoisotopic vs
average. (Not sure exactly what I need yet).

I guess I can do it myself but it is quite a lot of work to find and
understand all the variations and test it. More the problem is that I do
not really want to reinvent the wheel. I was quite surprised I cannot
find a module to do it - I thought I was just not looking in the right
place. I can find isoelectric points, hydropathy plots etc etc but no
mass/Mw calculator.

Regards

John Seers

---