[BioC] CDF environment for a custom Affy chip

Oleg Moskvin ovm at uwyo.edu
Wed May 31 00:06:15 CEST 2006

Hello all,

After using Bioconductor with pre-built CDF evironments, I've finally faced
a problem of generating a CDF environment for a custom Affy chip. The
makecdfenv utility worked just fine under Linux and the custom CDF
environment is already usable there. However, under Windows (and I do need
this as well) the final step of installation (R CMD INSTALL uwyrhodo1acdf)
from a command prompt keeps failing, regardless to presence of installed
Perl (as recommened in the manual) etc., etc. The contents of the folder
with the name of the new environment seem to be equal under both Linux
(after installation which is functional) and Windows (after incomplete
installation). Could someone help me with this issue? (I use the latest
R/Bioconductor).

Thanks!

Oleg

Oleg Moskvin