[BioC] CDF environment for a custom Affy chip

Oleg Moskvin ovm at uwyo.edu
Wed May 31 16:33:40 CEST 2006

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the reply. The error message does not look too informative:

 C:\Program Files\R\R-2.3.0\bin>R CMD INSTALL uwyrhodo1acdf

 *** Installation of uwyrhodo1acdf failed ***

 Removing 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-23~1.0/library/uwyrhodo1acdf'

 C:\Program Files\R\R-2.3.0\bin>

 As you see, this is run from the "bin" directory of R. I've copied the
 folder generated by makecdfenv there. This may look weird but running it
 from other places (such as /library) results in not finding the R
executable
 at all! See below.

 C:\Program Files\R\R-2.3.0\bin>R CMD INSTALL uwyrhodo1acdf

 *** Installation of uwyrhodo1acdf failed ***

 Removing 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-23~1.0/library/uwyrhodo1acdf'

 C:\Program Files\R\R-2.3.0\bin>

 This looks like the "path" problem, but frankly, I do not now how to fix
 this in Windows XP (years ago I did edit this under DOS ;)).

 As another possibility, I could supply the original cdf file, if it is
 possible to generate the cdf-environment remotely and then install it from
 zip file. BTW, several other laboratories would be interested in it (the
 Rhodobacter genechip will be commercially available soon).

 Thanks for all the help.

 Oleg

>>> from a command prompt keeps failing, regardless to presence of installed