[BioC] R hangs when applying johnson.all.pairs.sp (in library RBGL) to some graphs

Dan Bebber dan.bebber at plants.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 4 19:01:24 CEST 2006

Hello,

when I apply johnson.all.pairs.sp to certain graphs, R hangs.
The R window can still be resized, minimized etc. and the "stop current
computation" button can be pressed (though nothing happens).
The computation can be interrupted by attempting to close R, then pressing
"cancel" when the "save workspace" dialogue opens. However, R then becomes
unstable and shuts down without warning.
The error also causes R to shut down occassionally.
I have this problem with 2 of 35 graphs I am analysing.

I can provide an example of a test graph if anyone would be kind enough to
test this on their system.

System is:
Microsoft Windows XP Pro, SP2
Dual Pentium Xeon processors