[BioC] F-test vs.T-test-on-differences

Claus Mayer claus at bioss.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 19:09:20 CET 2006

Which only shows that one should read these things properly before one
replies. Very sorry about that!
I haven't come across that approach as a test for differences in
variances yet, but I can see the idea now.  As the F-test has optimality
properties for normal distributions I still would prefer it (possibly
performed as a resampling test to make it more robust against deviations
of non-normality).

Sorry again for misreading and misinterpreting the question

Claus

  Dr Claus-D. Mayer                    | http://www.bioss.ac.uk
  Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: claus at bioss.ac.uk
  Rowett Research Institute            | Telephone: +44 (0) 1224 716652
  Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 1224 715349