[BioC] GOstats and KEGG

Morten Mattingsdal mortenm at inbox.com
Thu Nov 2 16:28:48 CET 2006

Hi Jim,
Aha... I just replaced GOHyperGParams with KEGGHyperGParams as you told
me, and then it worked.

 >all_entrez=lookUp(universe,"hgu133plus2","ENTREZID")
 >my_entrez=lookUp(probe,"hgu133plus2","ENTREZID")
 >hgCutoff <- 0.01
 >params <- new("KEGGHyperGParams", geneIds = my_entrez, universeGeneIds
= all_entrez, annotation = "hgu133plus2",  pvalueCutoff= hgCutoff,
testDirection = "over")
 >over_kegg<- hyperGTest(params)
Gene to KEGG Category Test for over Representation Test Result
100 KEGG ids tested (3 have p < 0.01)
Selected gene set size: 99
    Gene universe size: 2137
    Annotation package: hgu133plus2

But when I try to write a html report I get the error,

 >htmlReport(over_kegg, file = "KEGG.html")
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
        unable to find an inherited method for function "htmlReport",
for signature "HyperGResult"

any hints how to display the results ? (since Im quite lost by now)

with:
R version 2.4.0
GOstats 2.0.2
annotate: 1.12.0