[BioC] Question on GCRMA

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 2 20:01:20 CET 2006

Hi Hegang,

This is happening because you're running out of memory.

Using justGCRMA instead of GCRMA should help solve your problem. R is
kind of bad at memory management and the justGCRMA function is coded in
C to get around this.

Otherwise you could also try to work on a computer with more RAM, but
keep in mind that windows has limitation as to how much memory can be
used.

There also is a lot of discussion in the list archives if you want more
details.

hope this helps,

Francois