[BioC] from rat codelink to human locuslink

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 01:19:18 CET 2006

Hi,

I have 3 examples like this:
Probe_ID        UniGene_ID      UniGene_Name
AA799301_PROBE1 Rn.107913       Lgtn protein (DBSS)
AA799313_PROBE1 Rn.32316        "sialyltransferase 10
(alpha-2,3-sialyltransferase VI)"
AA799329_PROBE1 Rn.112856       RIKEN cDNA 4632417K18 (Mm.) (DBSS)

I think the UniGene_ID might work for the purpose of using biomartRt
package (is it what you meant by biomart?). But the thing is, I look
through the package intro but I did not find how to convert between
species. Should I choose dataset for rat first, and then use rat2human
conversion (i have a local program to do that but I am curious how
biomartRt or other packages in R do this?)

thanks,

weiwei

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D