[BioC] microarray analysis of a dose response * strain experiment

Kimpel, Mark William mkimpel at iupui.edu
Sat Nov 4 20:45:37 CET 2006

Sean,

Perhaps it will have to be, I can think of two ways to do that and
neither seems entirely satisfactory. Firstly, one could assume that the
response (for responding genes) would be linearly related to the dose or
the log of the dose, but this might not be the case. So regressing by
dose in a linear model might not be correct for all or even most of the
affected genes. Secondly, one could simply assume that the dose is a
factor with 4 non-ordered levels and look at contrasts and interactions
for each level. This would be the approach I am most familiar with using
Limma. This would, however, seem to be throwing information away
regarding the relationship of the doses to one another.

Mark

Mark W. Kimpel MD

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile

(317) 663-0513 Home (no voice mail please)

1-(317)-536-2730 FAX