[BioC] probeset for a single gene

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:01:11 CET 2006

Hi,
I went through the archive for a while and still did not find the good
answer for that. Sorry for the re-post :(

suppose i have some probes for the same gene, I am wondering which is
the proper way to get a statistic for the expression for this gene?
using mean, median or max or min? I think it might be affected by the
research target but I wondering if there is some ref on it.

btw, is there some ref on the data pre-processing (gene selection,
multiple comparison, better with case study) for microarray analysis
other than bioconductor book?

thanks

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D