[BioC] Two color Array 8 hybridization Group Design Contrast Question

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Fri Nov 10 19:28:18 CET 2006

Dear Seungmin,

You are at a university with one of the top departments of Statistics
and Biostatistics.  Probably there is a Statistical Consulting
Center.  Even if the SCC consultants do not know limma or
Bioconductor, they can help set up the model and the contrasts.  (Of
course, Berkeley is the Ph.D or professional home of many
Bioconductor contributors.)

However, if all you want is to select genes that differentially
express under at least one condition, you could use 1-way ANOVA,
using the treatment names you have displayed below.  I do not have
the manual in front of me, but I am sure it is one of the
examples.  You do not need to fit this as a factorial
experiment.  You can use the ANOVA F-test as recently discussed on
this forum, or you can use the individual t-tests.

--Naomi Altman