[BioC] strange behavior with hsahomology

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 22 20:24:34 CET 2006

Hi Nianhua,

> Hope those codes are not confused any more. Now, seriously, do you know any packages that use those
> scores? I am curious about this because the source data that we used to generate hsahomology will be
> deprecated in Jan, 2007. It is not easy to get those scores from the new data format. So, I am
> curious how heavily this data is being used.

I don't know of any package that use it. I just wanted a quick and dirty
way to convert gene list across species and started playing around with
those packages.

The vignette worked properly but if I deviated slightly then I got those
strange results.

If I'm the first person to realize this, I would think that not many
people are using them.

Francois