[BioC] biomart scripting help

Steffen Durinck durincks at mail.nih.gov
Fri Nov 24 17:40:49 CET 2006

Hi Ariel,

You should have enough by having the MySQL client installed.
Did the installation of RMySQL give any errors?
Try installing the RMySQL package from command line with R CMD INSTALL.
It should tell you which environment variables need to be set to point R
to your MySQL client installation.

Best,
Steffen

Ariel Chernomoretz wrote:

> Hi Marco, Steffen,
>
> I was following your thread, because I want to do the same homology
> mapping using biomaRt.
> However I am kind of stuck because I could not install RMySql.
> It seems that mysql.h is missing in my system.
>
> I am running a Fedora Core 5  Linux , and I think I have only the
> client stuff of mysql.
> Should I get the server version installed? Binary or source-and-compiled?
> would that interfere with the already installed mysql soft I have here?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Regards
> Ariel./

Steffen Durinck, Ph.D.

Oncogenomics Section
Pediatric Oncology Branch
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health

Phone: 301-402-8103
Address:
Advanced Technology Center,
8717 Grovemont Circle