[BioC] trouble with gcrma: bgcorrection

Sucheta Tripathy sutripa at vbi.vt.edu
Mon Nov 27 18:06:16 CET 2006

Dear List,

I still have problem computing background correction with gcrma using the
following simpler code with soybean chip.

library(affy)
library(gcrma)
myDat<-ReadAffy()
myBG <- bg.adjust.gcrma(myDat)

My error message is:
-------------------
Adjusting for optical effect.Done.
Computing affinities.Done.
Error in model.frame(formula, rownames, variables, varnames, extras,
extranames,  : variable lengths differ (found for 'x') Execution halted

---

my sessioninfo():
-----------------
R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
i686-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_US;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US;LC_COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=en_US;LC_MESSAGES=en_US;LC_PAPER=en_US;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "base"
-------------------

Has anyone faced similar problem. I am stuck here and any help will be
greatly appreciated. This seemed to work well with the earlier versions of
R and soybeancdf.

Many thanks

Sucheta

--
Sucheta Tripathy, Ph.D.
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute Phase-I

web page: http://staff.vbi.vt.edu/sutripa
blog    : http://genomics-array.blogspot.com/