[BioC] Package installation Error: RBGL,Ruuid--->RGUI-2.4.0

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Nov 28 12:36:23 CET 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 22:50, Rough Jade wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I followed the instructions from
> http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html
>

> > utils:::menuInstallLocal()

Again, I would suggest using the biocLite() script for installation rather
than downloading.  So, for example:

biocLite('RBGL')

biocLite will choose the correct versions of the packages for your version of
R.  Simply downloading the release packages won't do the trick in every case,
particularly for binary packages.  I'm not sure this is the problem in this
case, but I would suggest trying this.

Also, it is really important and often helpful to include output from
sessionInfo() in mails to the list so that everyone knows what version of R,
what OS, and what versions of packages that you are using.

Sean