[BioC] RLE question for QC

Wolfgang Raffelsberger wraff at titus.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Nov 30 10:08:21 CET 2006

Hi,

with good experiments I see an IQR of apr -0.2 to +0.2 .
But I rather look if all the arrays of this study have homogeneous RLE
IQRs and medians, since typical RLE IQR also reflect (in part) the
nature of the samples tested.  Basically, if your samples (and so the
corresponding fluorescence signal intensities) are very much alike you
tend to get smaller RLE IQRs.  So there may be an explanation based on
the experimental details to consider !

Keep in mind that - although the RLE is indeed very useful - it's not
the sole QC criteria.

Cheers,
Wolfgang