[BioC] justPlier outputs negative values

Alvord, Greg (DMS) [Contr] gwa at css.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Oct 2 16:35:22 CEST 2006

Hi Burak -

I'm a newbie with Bioconductor and R, so I don't know whether this helps
or hurts.

I executed 'justPlier()' on several data sets on which I was somewhat
familiar.  I compared results with those I obtained using mas5 and rma.
I am not qualified to say whether there are bugs in the justPlier
program, but I concluded that I did not trust the results.  Diagnostic
plots, MA-plots, etc., indicated bizarre results.  It may be that I have
executed the program incorrectly, perhaps choosing inadequate options,
etc.  However, with limited time, I chose, temporarily, to NOT use the
justPlier algorithm.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic.  Perhaps some other members on the list
can provide more assistance.

	Greg

W. Gregory Alvord, Ph.D.
Director, Statistical Consulting Services
Computer and Statistical Services
National Cancer Institute at Frederick
Post Office Box B
Frederick, MD 21702-1201