[BioC] Error in xval: No Direct or Inherited Method for this call

mpg33 at drexel.edu mpg33 at drexel.edu
Wed Oct 4 18:39:41 CEST 2006

I am tryibng to use xval to run KNNB on an exprSet object.  Trying to run down the source of my difficulties I went to the xval help file and executed the example shown below (also found in the xval help file).

> library(golubEsets)
> data(Golub_Merge)
> smallG<-Golub_Merge[200:250,]
> lk1<-xval(smallG, 'ALL.AML', knnB, xvalMethod='LOO', group=as.integer(0))
Error in xval(smallG, "ALL.AML", knnB, xvalMethod = "LOO", group = as.integer(0)) :
        no direct or inherited method for function 'xval' for this call

I am running R Version 2.3.1, and the attached packages are Biobase 1.10.1, MLInterfaces 1.4.0, and golubEsets 1.2.4.

Following advice given for other instances of this error call I reinstalled the Biobase package using biocLite and ran the update.packages() function and replaced all the packages listed.

I am new to R and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike