[BioC] Affymetrix exon arrays?

ltboots ltboots at geneserver.mine.nu
Thu Oct 5 22:15:21 CEST 2006

Hi Steven;
Here is a link to the exon array environment.

ftp://geneserver.mine.nu/affy/moex10stv1cdf.affy.v2.tar.gz

It is based on the affy exon probeset mappings. It can run on a machine with
4Gb of memory, but can easily use 8-12Gb depending on what your trying to do.
There are other probeset environments available for this platform at
Bioconductor (refseq, ensembl, etc.) which are much more memory friendly.

I haven't seen much for alternative transcript structure packages at
Bioconductor yet. I have been doing most of my analysis with mysql tables and
perl scripts. They seem to handle the enormous dataset size better. Mysql
works well with the multi-level probe->exon->transcript->gene mappings.

Jesse
Jesse Salisbury  Functional Genomics  University of Maine
email:  jesse.salisbury at umit.maine.edu
ph:  207-731-8318   web:  http://geneserver.mine.nu/