[BioC] gcrma and combineAffyBatch

Lo, Ken Ken.Lo at roswellpark.org
Thu Oct 5 23:06:32 CEST 2006

Hi all,

As I am a newbie to the bioconductor world, I would like to ask a
question that Zhijin Wu and Vincent has touched upon.  I would like to
use combineAffyBatch to combine a set of U133A and U133Plus2 expression
arrays.  I have done that sucessfully with combineAffyBatch and ran RMA
on the combined dataset sucessfully.  However, when I tried running
gcrma on the combined dataset, it throws an error:

Adjusting for optical effect.....Done.
Computing affinities[1] "Checking to see if your internet connection
works..."
[1] "Environment tempcdfcdf was not found in the Bioconductor
repository."
[1] "Checking to see if your internet connection works..."
[1] "Environment tempcdfprobe was not found in the Bioconductor
repository."
Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable "tempcdfprobe" was not
found

I tried applying the solution that was provided by Wu (in response to
Vincent Detours) but failed as the dimensions of the

affinity.info1=new("AffyBatch",
exprs=exprs(affinity.info1),cdfname(affinity.info1), nrow=640, ncol=640)

statement is not right for the U133A and U133Plus2 platform.  Would
anyone be able to guide me to do this?

Best regards,

Ken Lo

Ken Lo, PhD