[BioC] problem updating packages OCPlus and RSNper

Kimpel, Mark William mkimpel at iupui.edu
Mon Oct 9 17:49:37 CEST 2006

I have recently migrated to R 2.4.0 and BioC 1.9  I cannot update packages OCPlus and RSNper from within R or from the web interface. Below are the errors I get and my sessionInfo()

Welcome to Bioconductor

    Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
    'openVignette()' or start with 'help(Biobase)'. For details
    on reading vignettes, see the openVignette help page.

OCplus :
 Version 1.7.0 installed in C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-24~1.0/library
 Version 1.8.0 available at http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc
Update (y/N/c)?  y
RSNPper :
 Version 1.6.3 installed in C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-24~1.0/library
 Version 1.8.0 available at http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc
Update (y/N/c)?  y
trying URL 'http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/OCplus_1.8.0.zip'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb") :
        cannot open URL 'http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/OCplus_1.8.0.zip'
In addition: Warning messages:
1: Do not know which element of 'lib' to install dependencies into
skipping dependencies in: .install.winbinary(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, contriburl = contriburl,
2: cannot open: HTTP status was '403 Forbidden'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
         download of package 'OCplus' failed
trying URL 'http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/RSNPper_1.8.0.zip'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb") :
        cannot open URL 'http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/RSNPper_1.8.0.zip'
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was '403 Forbidden'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
         download of package 'RSNPper' failed
[1] TRUE
[1] TRUE
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "datasets"  "utils"     "methods"   "tools"     "base"

other attached packages:
   limma     affy   affyio  Biobase
 "2.9.1" "1.12.0"  "1.2.0" "1.12.0"

>From the web interface (example is RSNper but get same message with OCPlus):

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/RSNPper_1.8.0.zip

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
www.bioconductor.org
Mon Oct 9 08:46:36 2006
Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)

Mark W. Kimpel MD

Official Business Address:

Department of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine
PR M116
Institute of Psychiatric Research
791 Union Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202

Preferred Mailing Address:

15032 Hunter Court
Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile

(317) 663-0513 Home (no voice mail please)
1-(317)-536-2730 FAX