[BioC] cDNA array with 2 levels of duplication

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 10 13:11:29 CEST 2006

Dear Noah,

Only one level of duplication can be handled using the duplicateCorrelation() technique.  I
suggest that you average over the most highly correlated duplicate level, which is the
side-by-side, then use duplicateCorrelation() for the top and bottom half.  E.g.,

  MA2 <- avedups(MA,ndups=2,spacing=1)
  corfit <- duplicateCorrelation(MA2,design,ndups=2,spacing="topbottom")
  fit <- lmFit(MA2,design,ndups=2,spacing="topbottom",cor=corfit$consensus)

etc

Best wishes
Gordon