[BioC] array CGH

Hilmar Berger hilmar.berger at imise.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Oct 13 13:47:01 CEST 2006

Hi Lisa,

if after applying segmentation methods to your data the normal samples
still indicate gains or losses you might want to have a look at
http://projects.tcag.ca/variation/ for a list of known large scale copy
number polymorphims.

Hilmar

Lisa Luo schrieb:
> Dear List,
>
> I have a set of BAC array CGH data to analysis.  I am new to this kind of analysis.  Could anyone please recommend me a good package?
>
> I read some papers on aCGH.  For the size of BAC clones, is averaging a few probes a good idea?  I tried DNAcopy and I am not happy with the results either.  Another question:  Can we use the ratio to call it amplification or deletion?  In my normal samples, I should expect ratio to be about 1.  But ratios in some probes/chromosomes tend to be high and ratios in another probes/regions tend to be lower.  So how to use the ratio?
>
> Thank you so much for your help!
>
> Lisa

Hilmar Berger
Studienkoordinator
Institut für medizinische Informatik, Statistik und Epidemiologie
Universität Leipzig
Härtelstr. 16-18
D-04107 Leipzig

Tel. +49 341 97 16 101