[BioC] straight t vs. bonferroni vs. all the new stuff.

Matthew Lyon ptrifoliata at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 03:21:46 CEST 2006

"Oh yes,  I forgot to mention that there is no universally good value to use
for your cut-off.  If most of the genes are non-differentially expressing,
most of your errors will be false detects.  If most of the genes are
differentially expressing, most of your errors will be false "

i totally understand this. do you ever tend see standard values (or
magnitudes) associated with things that are known/expected to differ,
however, like drug-induced upregulation of certain liver p450s?

Thank You,

Matthew Lyon        UC  Riverside                    lab (951) 827-4736
Ph.D. Student        B O T A N Y                new c.p. (951) 941-5554
Citrus Genomics                   apt (951) 328-9930
http: // int - citrusgenomics . org /           messengers: ptrifoliata
mattlyon at mattlyon.com ptrifoliata at hotmail.com  mlyon003 at student.ucr.edu