[BioC] Designing a model matrix in limma for 4 conditions x 2 colors

Matthew Vaughn vaughn at cshl.edu
Fri Oct 20 20:45:02 CEST 2006

I am analyzing in limma a two-color array experiment where I am
compare 4 conditions: Wild-type (WT) versus Knock-out (KO) x Normal
(NORM) versus Stress (STRESS). The hybs are replicated once
(NNNNN_BLOCK1 and NNNNN_BLOCK2). I am most interested KOSTRESS-KONORM
relationship for all genes on the array but would like to do all
possible comparisons for my own reference. However, and I am sure
this is due to a limitation of my intellect, I cannot figure out how
to construct a design object to accomplish this. If the arrays shared
a common reference (WT-ONLY), I would just do 'design <- modelMatrix
(targets,ref="WT-ONLY")' but this is more complicated. Can someone
please enlighten me? The content of the  targets file for this
experiment is at the end of this message.

Thank you,

Matt Vaughn

FileName	Cy5	Cy3
90930_BLOCK1.dat	WTNORM	KONORM