[BioC] gcrma on PM-only Affy data

Zhijin (Jean) Wu zwu at alexander.stat.brown.edu
Wed Oct 25 19:17:53 CEST 2006

Hi, Karen,
You can choose type "affinities" in bg.adjust.gcrma.
You will also need to specify which probes you would consider as negative
controls ("NCprobes") in order to estimate the relationship between
background and probe sequences. If, in your experiment, only a small fraction of probes
are expected to have specific target (for example, only a small fraction of
genes are expressed), you can use all PM probes as NCprobes if there's
no other choice.

bg.adjust.gcrma(object, NCprobe=
index.of.your.control.probes,type="affinities")

Is the hybridization method the same as what's used for standard
GeneChip arrays? If not, you may want to estimate the object
"affinity.info" using your own data instead of the default. In this case
you will either need negative control probes or run an negative control
experiment.

Jean Wu