[BioC] genefilter - construct your own test

Lina Hultin-Rosenberg Lina.Hultin.Rosenberg at ebc.uu.se
Tue Sep 5 14:53:31 CEST 2006

Dear list!

I have a question on the package genefilter. Reading the R documentation on
genefilter I understand that the user can construct his/her own tests but I
don't really understand how.

"This package uses a very simple but powerful protocol for filtering genes.
The user simply constructs any number of tests that they want to apply. A
test is simply a function (as constructed using one of the many helper
functions in this package) that returns TRUE if the gene of interest passes
the test (or filter) and FALSE if the gene of interest fails."

Is it possible to construct your own tests for use in genefilter and how is
that done? I would like to filter genes on absent/present calls from the
mas5calls method, perhaps in combination with other filters, so it would be
very convenient to include that test in genefilter.

Maybe someone has experience from constructing there own filters and could
point me in the right direction. I would greatly appreciate some help!

Thank you!

Sincerely

Lina Hultin Rosenberg

Lina Hultin Rosenberg