[BioC] tilingArray - problem calculating confidence intervals

Krys Kelly kak28 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 16:44:17 CEST 2006

I am using R2.3.1. I am trying to run the package tilingArray following the
information in the vignette, "The segment function to fit a piecewise
constant curve", and the "Segmentation demo". I downloaded tilingArray and
allthe necessary packages from the Bioconductor website last week.

I could not find any reference to my problem in the archive.

When I try to calculate the confidence intervals, I get the message
Error: could not find function "confint.breakpointsfull"

The script and output are copied below.

I will be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Krys

> library(tilingArray)

Welcome to Bioconductor

    Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
    'openVignette()' or start with 'help(Biobase)'. For details
    on reading vignettes, see the openVignette help page.

Attaching package: 'colorspace'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:grDevices :

         hcl

KernSmooth 2.22 installed
Copyright M. P. Wand 1997

> INFILE  <- "RH_i_vs_cell.txt"
> array <- read.table(INFILE, header=TRUE)
>
> maxseg <- 500
> maxk   <- 150
> seg <-segment(array$value, maxk=maxk, maxseg=maxseg)
>
> # Get the confidence intervals
> segCI <- confint(seg, parm=111, level=0.95)

Error: could not find function "confint.breakpointsfull"

Dr Krystyna A Kelly
University of Cambridge
Department of Pathology
Molteno Building, Tennis Court Road