[BioC] Segmentation Demo - problem in normalization

Krys Kelly kak28 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 17:34:57 CEST 2006

I am trying to run the Segmentation Demo. I have been cutting and pasting
the commands from the Segmentation Demo document.

I get an error during the normalization.  When I run this command:

xn = normalizeByReference(davidTiling[, isRNA], davidTiling[, isDNA], pm =
PMind, background = isbg)

I get the following error message:

The likelihood optimization did not converge. A likely reason is that the
normalization parameters are not uniquely identifiable from the provided
data.
Possibly, the columns of the data matrix are exactly co-linear or affine
dependent - please verify the data to make sure there were no mix-ups.

Please can you help.

Thanks

Krys

Dr Krystyna A Kelly