[BioC] Exclude individual probes before normalization

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Mon Sep 11 19:49:49 CEST 2006

It definitely does not increase memory usage. The subsetting of the data
is actually done at the R level (via a call using pm() accessor on an
AffyBatch with a subset argument). Given that you are pulling out a
smaller chunk of data from the AffyBatch and at the C level the code
tries to be fairly parsimonious about any additional memory it requires
I would also guess that it is less memory (this is speaking without
making any attempts to bench mark it).

Best,

Ben

--