[BioC] heatmap - changing title size

Lina Hultin-Rosenberg Lina.Hultin.Rosenberg at ebc.uu.se
Tue Sep 12 10:24:37 CEST 2006

Hi all!

I am using the heatmap method to generate a heatmap of gene expression
values but I am having problems with some graphical parameters. I would like
to change the size of the title since now it is too large to fit into the
plotting area. I tried to change cex.main from within the heatmap call but
nothing happened and I also tried to change the size by calling par after
the heatmap call but that didn't work either. Probably there is an easy
solution to this but I can't really figure it out.

I would really appreciate some help!

Best regards,
Lina Hultin Rosenberg

Part of the code generating the heatmap
jpeg(filename=file.name,width=1000,height=600);
heatmap(t(exprs(eset.filtered)),scale="column",labRow=samplenames.short,main
=string.main.hc,col=greenred(80),cex.main=0.8);
#par(cex.main=0.8);
dev.off();