[BioC] Segmentation Demo - problem in normalization

Krys Kelly kak28 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 12:53:19 CEST 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm sorry I did not include specific information. I have attached my code.
Below is the output from my terminal session, including the output from
SessionInfo() at the end. I just downloaded a new version of R and all these
packages last week, so they should be up-to-date (but maybe I missed
something, or introduced an error in the code).

Thanks for looking at this for me.

Best wishes

Krys

> source("C:/Documents and Settings/Krys/Desktop/Segmentation demo/Stuff for
Wolfgang/SegmentationDemoCode.R")

Welcome to Bioconductor

    Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
    'openVignette()' or start with 'help(Biobase)'. For details
    on reading vignettes, see the openVignette help page.

Attaching package: 'colorspace'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:grDevices :

         hcl

KernSmooth 2.22 installed
Copyright M. P. Wand 1997
Error in vsn(xn, lts.quantile = 0.95, subsample = 2e+05, verbose = verbose)
:

The likelihood optimization did not converge. A likely reason is that the
normalization parameters are not uniquely identifiable from the provided
data.
Possibly, the columns of the data matrix are exactly co-linear or affine
dependent - please verify the data to make sure there were no mix-ups.
> session.info()
Error: could not find function "session.info"
> sessionInfo()
Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
i386-pc-mingw32

attached base packages:
 [1] "splines"   "grid"      "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"
 [7] "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
 davidTiling           GO  tilingArray  geneplotter     annotate
genefilter
     "1.0.4"     "1.12.0"     "1.10.0"     "1.10.0"     "1.10.0"
"1.10.1"
    survival          vsn   colorspace  strucchange     sandwich
zoo
      "2.28"     "1.10.0"        "0.9"      "1.3-0"      "2.0-0"
"1.2-0"
RColorBrewer         affy       affyio      Biobase
     "0.2-3"     "1.10.0"      "1.0.0"     "1.10.1"

Dr Krystyna A Kelly
University of Cambridge
Department of Pathology
Molteno Building, Tennis Court Road