[BioC] [biocpkgs] suggestions on package matchprobes

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 14 11:30:48 CEST 2006

Hi Xinxia,

thanks!
1. The problem with the cases was simple: the function 'matchprobes'
calls C code to do the actual work, and it was:

  matchprobes <- function(query, records, probepos=FALSE)
     .Call("MP_matchprobes", toupper(query), records, probepos,
         PACKAGE="matchprobes")

I removed the "toupper" in matchprobes_1.5.1, this should make you
happier. There is no good reason why it should have been there, and that
it was not documented was a bug. So now it is gone.

2. As Robert said, for generic sequence matching please use
"Biostrings", that is much better. "matchprobes" only still exists for
backward compatibility.

 Best wishes
 Wolfgang